A great tasty recipe that is easy and quick to make.
You’ll need a kitchen knife, a saucepan, a stirrer and an electric hand blender.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 kg potatoes, washed and cubed
- 1 pack of watercress, rinsed and trimmed if needed
- salt and ground black pepper
- Peel, chop and lightly sauté the onion until translucent.
- Add the potatoes and Sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add water to an inch above the potatoes and bring to the boil.
- Add salt and simmer until potatoes are soft.
- Remove from the heat.
- Add the watercress and mix everything thoroughly with a hand. blender to form a thick creamy soup.
- Put back on a low heat and add more salt and pepper to taste.
- Add some more water if the soup is too thick.
Serve with a dash of tamari and your choice of bread spread with hummus.
For a classy flourish add a dollop of vegan mayonnaise to the bowl before serving and stir gently into a swirl
Recipe and photos by Rhian Cymraes